The goal of any skincare routine is to level up your complexion, so it isn't only looking its best but also functioning at its best, whilst addressing any particular areas you want to work on such as Acne, or hyperpigmentation. The order that you apply your skincare routine makes a real and significant difference to your skin. If you're not following that order, it could be compromising the overall efficacy of your routine.
A general skincare routine usually consists of the following:
- Cleanse — Washing your face.
- Tone — Balancing the skin.
- Moisture — Hydrating and softening the skin.
- Serum – Actives to treat particular skin concerns
Prepping your skin for the day ahead is essential, so here are our recommendations of Skin Crush products and must have products you should incorporate into your skincare, and the order in which to use them for optimal results! Skin Crush products are formulated to simplify your skincare routine and deliver serious results. Enriched with concentrated actives, some of our Skin Crush products contain ultra-moisturising and toning qualities to deliver a burst of hydration to the skin whilst enhancing the appearance of blemishes, fine lines and dullness.
- Cleanse with Gentle + Purifying Enzyme Gel Cleanser – Pineapple derived Bromelain increases the gentle exfoliation of the dead skin cells topically by dissolving dry and flaky skin that can appear visibly as textural irregularities and blemishes.
Rose Quartz Face Roller – Soothing sensitive complexions prone to irritations and redness, our Rose Quartz roller reduces a bloated appearance through its lymphatic massage properties and helps product to absorb into the skin more efficiently.
AM Face Serum Desert Lime – concentrated dose of vitamin C actives, our serum helps fight daily exposure to free radicals that can contribute to premature ageing of your skin.
Tip: Skin Crush serums are water-soluble so we recommend not using any toners or moisturisers with them as it dilutes the actives and the potency of the product, you don’t need a moisturiser after using the serums as they are very hydrating.
- Apply Eye Revive Serum Kakadu Plum
Tip: Wait a few minutes until your skincare products are fully absorbed into the skin before applying your SPF, so the SPFs protection efficacy isn't diluted throughout your routine.
SPF – A good sun protection product can prevent signs of premature ageing, namely hyper-pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Cleanse with Gentle + Purifying Enzyme Gel Cleanser – packed with Alpha-Hydroxyl-Acids (AHAs) from Pineapple’s Bromelain to exfoliate the surface of the skin, preventing breakouts, while gently cleaning your skin.
- Exfoliate (1-2 times a week) with Brightening & Exfoliating Face Scrub + Mask to gently remove dead skin cells that can clog pores, improve sun-damaged skin, smooth textural irregularities and minimise dullness.
PM Face Serum Snowflower – promotes skin cell renewal, aids the reparative process of external stressors such as UV damage that accumulates throughout the day, whilst reducing redness, inflammation, and sunspots.
Apply Eye Revive Serum Kakadu Plum – If your eyes tend to be puffy, use our eye serum brimming with vitamin C properties that targets the formation of dark circles, minimises crows feet, fine lines and reduces puffiness.
- If your skin requires an extra boost of hydration, try our Prickly Pear Seed Face Oil to seal in lost moisture and strengthen the barrier function throughout the night.